The College of Veterinary Medicine Admissions Committee views a solid and broad undergraduate experience to be crucial preparation for successful completion of the veterinary curriculum. As such, the committee strongly recommends completion of the baccalaureate degree prior to matriculation to the DVM program. If a baccalaureate degree has not been earned by the time of application or matriculation, the committee will still base its decisions on the strength and breadth of the applicant's educational background. Applicants will be expected to have completed all the prerequisite courses with a C- or higher before entering our program.
We will not evaluate prerequisite coursework until applications are submitted and are under consideration.
- Physical and Biological Science Requirements
- Biology w/lab8
- Inorganic chemistry w/lab8
- Organic chemistry w/lab4
- Physics w/lab4
- Statistics (methods)3
- Algebra, pre-calculus, or higher3 General Education Requirements*
- English composition/communication **6
- Arts & humanities/social science/history **21
- Total semester credit hours64
* If an applicant has received or will receive a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculation, the general education prerequisites are considered fulfilled regardless of credit hours.
** Course titles/classifications of these requirements may vary by institution. Please follow the institution's graduation requirement standards for a guideline or see the University Common Requirements (UCORE) for course examples.
Ensuring that all prerequisites have been completed prior to entry into the DVM program is solely the responsibility of the applicant.